Ideas for Your First Wedding Anniversary
My husband and I were married a year ago December 17th. As our anniversary is approaching I have been brainstorming ideas for gifts, trips or other ways to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. Check out some ideas I have come up with below!
- Use your vows in some way. The vows you say on your wedding day are important and should be remembered. My favorite idea I found on Pinterest was to get your vows framed somehow.
- There is a tradition for anniversary gifts. On each year you give something different. The first anniversary gift is to give paper. This could be as simple as a love note, or something more elaborate, depending upon your budget. Be creative! (Read more here)
- Give your spouse something you know they want but is not asking for. Matt told me he wants a cordless drill and this may (or may not) be a gift this year.
- If you can only do a weekend away, book a semi-close bed and breakfast. Make sure you unplug for the weekend and just focus on each other.
- If you can do a longer get away, pick a city you both would enjoy and go! I would recommend doing some activities but do not jam pack your time. Spend sometime relaxing and enjoying your spouse's company.
- If a trip is out of the question, why not try a nice restaurant. This could be a local place you both love or maybe try a new place! Either way, get a bottle of champagne and focus on your spouse.
- For some of you, or your spouses, this may be more torturous than a gift. However, consider getting professional photos done near your First Anniversary. These would be good for a Christmas card as well!
Regardless of how you choose to celebrate your first anniversary, please do something special. People say the first year of marriage is the hardest and you made it. Cheers to you!