Friendsgiving + Sweet Potato Casserole
Yesterday (Nov. 21st) some close friends, Matt and I gathered for a friendsgiving dinner. It was potluck style so everyone signed up to bring a dish (or two). We brought my mom's delicious sweet potato casserole. See below for the recipe.
Everyone has a favorite Thanksgiving recipe. Some enjoy the more savory dishes, others enjoy the desserts. My favorite dish is a cross-between savory and sweet. Below you will find the recipe for sweet potato casserole.
Sweet potato casserole ingredients
- 8 sweet potatoes
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Ingredients for the topping:
½ cup packed brown sugar
4 tbsp. flour
½ cup pecans, chopped
2 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Mash cooked sweet potatoes
- Combine sweet potatoes with sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla extract
- Mix well and pour into buttered 9x11 pan
- Combine topping ingredients (brown sugar, flower, chopped pecans and butter)
- Spread topping over sweet potato
- Bake 30 minutes (or until brown) *do not put the pan on the top baking rack because the topping may burn*
Serves 8-10 people
Hope you enjoy!